Wednesday Writers 2019 - 2020
Writing Workshops hosted by Anne Rainbow and Christine Cooke
Enjoy a monthly ARTIST’S DATE as recommended by Julia Cameron in The Artist’s Way
- Discover fresh techniques in creative writing, self-editing and marketing/publishing
- At literary lunches, talk to published authors/experts about their craft and experience
- Share your writing journey in a supportive, safe environment
- Meet, share and connect with other new and experienced writers
When and Where
At The Cottage Hotel, Hope Cove, South Devon, TQ7 3HJ (five miles Kingsbridge & Salcombe) - advance booking essential, just 20 places per workshop.
A variety of wordcraft workshops including:
- Hooks, lines and sinkers – how to grab your reader, maintain interest and end well
- Setting the scene with people, places and props
- Finding Your Voice - writing with authenticity
- Creating three-dimensional characters
- Dialogue – making it real
- Editing your first draft; polishing your final draft
- Marketing yourself and your writing
From 10:00 to 16:30 with lunch* at 12:45-14:00. *Lunch, with us and our guest speakers in The Cottage Hotel restaurant, is optional and at your own cost. Or bring a picnic to enjoy on the beach or on a bench overlooking the sea.
Booking and Payment
Annual membership (limited to 20 places):
- £240 for full year (eight sessions); pro rata for those who join before 1 September. Deposit of £40 secures your place
- Guest rate: From £40 per day (subject to availability)
Payment by bank transfer or PayPal.
For more details and/or to book your place, contact Anne Rainbow on 01548 844020 / 07721 695044 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Click Here for the 2020 Workshop Programme
Biographies of hosts and speakers are here.
Writing Group Retreats
Bring your writing group on a retreat to Watermill Cottages and add some writing workshops.
Organise and run your own writing retreat at Watermill Cottages. Our experience and contacts will help you deliver a unique writing retreat. Please contact Christine to discuss your ideas using the form below.
Morning, Afternoon or Day Workshops
Tread in famous footsteps on my Walk with Words Guided Literary Walk round the Gara Valley. Enjoy a morning or afternoon stroll and hear who lived here and what they wrote. See what they painted afterwards as we enjoy cake and refreshements by the stream or by the fire.
Email me on the form below to register your interest on the next walk.
What do you write when inspired? Join me in a small group as we Walk with Words and Writing. A guided literary walk with words written in the valley, as above. We'll take our journals and write in the wild. Exploring how being in nature silences the white noise in our heads and opens our creativity. Morning or afternoon, with cake and refreshments, or a whole day with lunch and rrefreshments. Email the form below to register your interest in the next workshop.
Email Christine using the form below.