Wednesday Writers Workshops 2018
A new writers’ group for 2018, hosted by Anne Rainbow and Christine Cooke
Enjoy a monthly ARTIST’S DATE as recommended by Julia Cameron in The Artist’s Way
- Discover fresh techniques in creative writing, self-editing and marketing/publishing
- At literary lunches, talk to published authors/experts about their craft and experience
- Share your writing journey in a supportive, safe environment
- Meet, share and connect with other new and experienced writers
A variety of wordcraft workshops including:
- Hooks, lines and sinkers – how to grab your reader, maintain interest and end well
- Setting the scene with people, places and props
- Creating three-dimensional characters
- Dialogue – making it real
- Editing your first draft; polishing your final draft
- Marketing yourself and your writing
- Exploring your creativity, expanding your horizons
- BELINDA SEAWARD: Writing Fiction - Being in the Right Place at the Right Time
- JANE RAYNER: Developing an Online Presence
- JANE HOLLAND: How to Write a Commercial Bestseller
- SARAH MADISSON: Bringing Your Words to Life with Lyricism
- FELICITY GOODALL: Fact or Fiction?
When and Where
At The Cottage Hotel, Hope Cove, South Devon, TQ7 3HJ (five miles to Kingsbridge & Salcombe) - advance booking essential, just 20 places per workshop.
8 Wednesdays in 2018: 21 March (guest speaker Belinda Seaward), 18 April, 16 May (guest speaker Jane Rayner), 20 June (guest speaker Jane Holland), 18 July, 19 September (guest speaker Sarah Madisson), 17 October (guest speaker Felicity Goodall), 21 November.
From 10:00 to 16:30 with lunch* at 12:45-14:00. *Lunch, with us and our guest speakers in The Cottage Hotel restaurant, is optional and at your own cost. Or bring a picnic to enjoy on the beach or on a bench overlooking the sea!
Booking and Payment
Email Anne Rainbow firstname.lastname@example.org or call her on 07721 695044. There are just 20 places per workshop, so booking is essential!
A detailed programme for each of the eight artist dates is available at our first session on 21 March, come and join us and meet Belinda Seaward, author and philosopher. It's just £25 for the whole day workshop.
Email Christine using the form below.